Sunday, October 31, 2010

Illusions of Grandeur

According to www.nanowrimo.org my own NaNo officially begins in 7 very short hours. I'm starting to panic. I'm not in full panic mode, but I'm damn close. Why?

Well, let me tell you.

I've been working on a novel for several years and as of about 2 years ago it transformed into a new story with new characters and a new plot. I love the story but it's changed several times over the two years. The plot bunnies consumed most of my ideas and left behind little pellets of other ideas. With that being said, I've gone about the last two weeks thinking I had NaNo in the bag since I already knew what I wanted to write. The sudden realization that I do NOT know what I want to write is upon me.

No outline and no path makes for a hefty panic. My feeble attempts to create an outline today are, well, feeble. There are too many ideas still swirling and too many options for placement of those ideas and consequences as a result of the placement. I AM NOT READY!!

Or...

Maybe I AM READY and this is just one last ditch effort by my internal editor (IE) to control my writing. Aha! I've figured you out! My, my... you are a tricky one. I need a name for my IE. Perhaps there's a thread on the NaNo forums about naming your IE.

What?

I'm not procrastinating. I still have 6 hours 37 minutes and 48 seconds.. 47... 46.. *faints*

No comments:

Post a Comment