Tuesday, October 12, 2010

NaNoWriMo? Sure!!

I work full time. I am involved in a writing group. I am attending an exercise course after work twice a week. I am also attending school for my BBA once a week which includes a team meeting every Saturday. I just purchased a bass guitar with hopes of fulfilling a few selfish dreams and I have a teenager to attend to when he's feeling sociable.

NaNoWriMo?? Why not? It's just 50,000 words in 30 days which apparently averages out to writing at least 1667 words per day. This is my first NaNo and hopefully not my last. I've been thinking about my novel, DIFTY, for more than 10 years. It's evolved into an entirely different story from its inception. I've structured the story and weaseled out plenty of "if this, then that" ideas. I have notebooks and programs filled with information about characters, plots and subplots. The written story? I've managed to eek out about 2200 words.

It's time for this story to see more than the inside of my brain. While I'm sure the inside of my brain is fascinating, there's so much more for these characters to give to the world. I created them. I gave them life. The time has come to set them free.

No comments:

Post a Comment