Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Shhhhhh.... Writing in Progress!

My house is a small three bedroom rancher. All the rooms are crammed together with little between them. The walls are thin and the doors are thinner. The television echoes from the front of the house to the back and forward again. The PS3 fights for sound domination and fills the hall with gun fire, teen yelling and angst ridden music.

All I want to hear is the "clack-a-tap-a-clack" of my fingers on the laptop.

Earphones with no music playing helps to drown out the fury of noise but the dull roar is still there. Playing music distracts my attention from the words typed to the words sung. Instrumental music? Sure, that works for a little while. Maybe I need more variations of instrumental music. Classical and Nine Inch Nails' Ghosts I-V are all I have currently. Suggestions?

Silence is all I want but the clock ticks 8:47 p.m. and the voices will carry through the house for a few hours more. Not to worry, though. I'm done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment