Friday, November 5, 2010

Everybody's Writing for the Weekend!

Finally the weekend is here! Day 5 of NaNoWriMo and I'm way behind. No worries. I'll get there. I love where my story is going and that NaNo is forcing me to move forward. I don't question my writing and when I get stuck I'm more likely to think openly about what to do to get unstuck.

My brain is a bit mushy. The cause may be a combination of speed writing, candy and coffee. The mush feels good. Not the kind I want oozing between my toes, but good nonetheless. Brain mush doesn't allow for thinking about laundry or overdue bills. The only thoughts that will penetrate this mush is plot structure, character growth and a healthy dose of fantasy.

The best part of NaNo so far is knowing that as I sit here and write this novel, there are currently 637 wrimos in my region (Richmond, Virginia). Those 637 Richmond Wrimos have written 1,442,314 words so far. Do you know many books that would fill? Me either, but it seems like an awful lot!

So far, I've contributed over 5,000 words. I should be around 8,000 today and over 11,000 by the end of the weekend. There's no reason I can't get there.

I'm determined.

I'm ready.

I'm .........................SQUIRREL!!!

*ahem* ... I'm focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment