Friday, November 29, 2013

Back to the Beginning

It's been 2 and 1/2 years since I posted here. It's been about that long since I've reviewed my story. I finally pulled it out of storage. It looks the same: 150 pages of 50,000 words, chapters separated with clips, post-it notes of green and yellow peeking from the sides. I don't remember what the post-it notes were supposed to tell me, but there is a bigger problem.


I have the novel typed on pages. I do not have a saved digital copy. Yes, of course I backed up the file when I was writing. However, it's been years now. The laptop died. The thumb drive is lost. This leaves me with just one option: retyping the story. I must admit I do not want to do this. I just want this story to magically appear on my laptop so I can finally start with the revision. Anyone want to type it up for me? No? Fine.

I'm going to try to use twitter to get these chapters done. There are only 12 chapters and 150 pages. I want to type it as is without revising, but I will taking notes about the story. I re-read the first chapter about a week ago. The 2 years away from the novel have given me the ability to see it with fresh eyes. I have questions and suggestions I couldn't see before.

Well.. I'd better get started. Back to the beginning..


No comments:

Post a Comment