Monday, October 19, 2015

Nothing... I Got Nothing!!

When I made the decision to start NaNoWriMo this year, I knew I wanted to continue my story from the 2010 NaNo I wrote. I knew my characters had more to do, to say, to share. As I started sorting out ideas for the next book, I realized I would be writing backwards. My second book would actually take place before my first book. Now I am 12 days from the start of November, and I think this is actually the next book after all... huh?

I would still like to write about the characters I chose earlier this month. They deserve more story for sure. I'd thought I would write a book about them, and this book would precede "Bleak." The more I think about it, the more I think this book would come after "Bleak.". I was going to go into how this couple met, their lives together and how they work together to make a truly symbiotic relationship. In order to do this, I'd start with them young, but they'd have to grow older over the course of the book which makes the book fall outside a YA category.

Now I think this year's book will be the second novel in the series with a focus on these two instead of the two I focused on in "Bleak". The second issue is their names. Now that I will be giving them more attention, I'm not sure I like the names.. hers anyway. I still like his. What to do.. to the name generator! I'll figure it out I'm sure.

I've no idea what this book will be about. I've no idea what's going to happen out there. I knew with "Bleak".. well mostly. I knew key scenes I wanted in the book, but most of the other scenes created themselves. To say I'm freaking out at this point does not begin to express my level of anxiety. I'm trying to focus on what to write, what to do, get some magical idea .... I got nothing. NOTHING!!

It's OK.. I'm not really stressing. I'm a procrastinator and a pantster. The ideas will come when actualy am stressed out. I can hardly wait!!


No comments:

Post a Comment