Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Plan ... Best Laid of Course

The plan is to retype "Bleak", so I have a digital copy to edit in the future. The bigger part of this plan is to reacquaint myself with this 5 year old story to chose my main characters for the 2015 NaNoWriMo starting November 1st. Great idea, but November 1st is getting closer every day and I will not have enough time to outline or otherwise plot out this next novel.


"Bleak" is 12 chapters and about 160 pages long. I have typed up 32 pages thus far. I'm beginning to realize I will not have enough time to retype this whole thing and have time to flesh out a new story. It's just not going to happen. I'll keep typing on this thing for now, but I've got to work on the new story soon. I'm drawn to two characters from "Bleak" already and pretty sure they will be the subject of my next NaNo. I love them as a couple and as individual characters. I think writing more about them will make "Bleak" stronger as well. They really deserve their own story. I can hear them whispering to me to tell you their story. It's a good one!

Well, that confirms it.

While retyping "Bleak", I'll try to focus on this couple in the story and use what I already know about them to create a novel around them. I do have a day job, so I need to figure out when I'll put in time retyping and when I'll put in time organizing for NaNo.

I'm enjoying retyping "Bleak" (other than the actual retyping - that sucks). I'm reminded about the pieces I'd forgotten. I still laugh where I laughed before. I'm eager to get to a specific part in the story to see if I'll still cry. That scene had to be the hardest thing I've ever written with the exception of a 30 page report about weather patterns a few year back. I think I cried over that one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment