Sunday, November 1, 2015

And Here.We. Go.

To quote the late, great Heath Ledger in his role as The Joker, "And here.We. Go." If you've seen this line in the movie, then you know he's expecting a big explosion and fantastic results, but he is underwhelmed when nothing happens. No explosions. No people scurrying for cover. No chaos. No results. I feel like The Joker today and the jokes on me.

Today is November 1, 2015. Today is the first day of NaNoWriMo. I made the decision to write a second novel sometime in October. I thought about the characters I would grow from my previous book. I thought about the time in their lives where their story should begin. I thought about a prequel but settled on a ... what do you call the next book in series? A postquel? No, that's definitely not right. I made new "buddies" on the forums and on twitter. I chatted with a few and went to a local NaNoWriMo kickoff party. I prepared my family. I prepared dinner for later to save some time. I'm ready! Yes. Bring on November!

Here we are. November 1. I have nothing prepared other than a vague idea of where this story needs to go. I have no bad guy. No plot. No other characters. I don't even remember how the other book ended. Well. Sort of. I suppose I will do what I normally do. Just write. Start with something and just write. Then keep writing. Then write some more. I've seen many inspirational quotes over the last couple of months reminding me to just write. Forget about the errors, the flaws, and the lack of grammar. Just write. This month is about writing. December is about editing. Anything I write can be fixed at a later time. It's not supposed to be perfect this month. This month is about getting it out of my head and into this laptop (and thumb drive, and email, and extra saved copies).

Today, I begin writing Symbiosis (WT). I am a writer with a work in progress (WIP). I am letting loose my creativity and going with the flow. I know the very beginning of my opening scene and nothing more. I am a writer.


No comments:

Post a Comment